THE BEVERLY PUBLIC LIBRARYBEVERLY, MASSACHUSETTS
Expansion of Beverly’s Cass Gilbert designed classical revival library built in 1911 includes the reprogramming of the existing library and the construction of a large addition on a constrained urban site. Construction of a new barrier free front entrance allows for the preservation of the existing buildings grand entrance facing a public park. Landscaping has been designed to create a clear and inviting entry sequence from the street.
The new plan of the expanded library successfully organizes the facility by locating both the adult and children’s service desk and the reference desk in strategic locations for the supervision of duel entrance locations.